11.9.11

Russell Edson (O chão)






THE FLOOR




The floor is something we must fight against.
Whilst seemingly mere platform for the human stance,
it is that place that men fall to.
I am not dizzy. I stand as a tower, a lighthouse;
the pale ray of my sentiency flowing from my face.

But should I go dizzy I crash down into the floor;
my face into the floor, my attention bleeding
into the cracks of the floor.

Dear horizontal place, I do not wish to be a rug.
Do not pull at the difficult head,
this teetering bulb of dread and dream.


Russell Edson






O chão é algo contra que temos de lutar.
Embora pareça uma mera plataforma para a humana postura,
é aquele lugar para que os homens caem.
Eu não me sinto enjoado, ergo-me como uma torre, ou um farol,
o raio pálido dos meus sentidos a irradiar-me da face.

Mas se me enjoasse, caía redondo no chão,
a cara contra o solo, a atenção sangrando
pelas fendas do chão.

Caríssimo lugar horizontal, carpete eu não quero ser,
deixa a cabecinha difícil,
este bolbo oscilante de temor e de sonho.


(Trad. A.M.)

.