8.4.13

W. C. Williams (O pensador)





THE THINKER



My wife's new pink slippers
have gay pompons.
There is not a spot or a stain
on their satin toes or their sides.
All night they lie together
under her bed's edge.
Shivering I catch sight of them
and smile, in the morning.
Later I watch them
descending the stair,
hurrying through the doors
and round the table,
moving stiffly
with a shake of their gay pompons!
And I talk to them
in my secret mind
out of pure happiness.

W. C. Williams



As pantufas novas da minha mulher
têm uns pompons alegres.
Não há ali uma mancha, nem uma pinta,
nas biqueiras ou dos lados.
À noite ficam ambas do seu lado
por baixo da cama.
De manhã, a tiritar, eu olho
para elas e sorrio-me.
Depois, observo-as
a descer a escada,
a passar apressadas nas portas
e à volta da mesa,
mexendo-se com energia
e a abanar os garridos pompons!
E então falo para elas
cá por dentro
cheio de felicidade.

(Trad. A.M.)

.