9.1.20

W. B. Yeats (No meio dos salgueiros)




Down by the salley gardens
my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens
with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy,
as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish,
with her would not agree.

In a field by the river
my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder
she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy,
as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish,
and now am full of tears.


W.B. Yeats




Encontrámo-nos nos salgueiros,
meu amor e eu;
Ela passava por ali
com seus pezinhos brancos de neve.
E amor sem mais me ofereceu,
como as folhas crescendo na árvore;
Mas eu, que era jovem e tonto,
não estive para aí virado.

Andávamos num campo à beira-rio,
meu amor e eu,
Ela com sua mão branca de neve
posta no meu ombro caído.
E a vida sem mais me ofereceu,
como as ervas a medrar no açude;
Mas eu era jovem e tonto
e agora estou desfeito em lágrimas.


(Trad. A.M.)

__________________

[Marianne Faithfull]