27.9.24

Linda Pastan (Escarlate)




VERMILION

  

Pierre Bonnard would enter
the museum with a tube of paint
in his pocket and a sable brush.
Then violating the sanctity
of one of his own frames
he'd add a stroke of vermilion
to the skin of a flower.
Just so I stopped you
at the door this morning
and licking my index finger, removed
an invisible crumb
from your vermilion mouth. As if
at the ritual moment of departure
I had to show you still belonged to me.
As if revision were
the purest form of love.
 

Linda Pastan

 

Pierre Bonnard entrava
no museu com um tubo de tinta
no bolso e um pincel de marta.
Depois violando a integridade
de uma das suas molduras
dava uma pincelada de escarlate
na pele de uma flor.
Assim te parei eu
à porta esta manhã
e, passando o indicador pela língua, removi
uma migalha invisível
dos teus lábios escarlates. Como se
no ritual da despedida
tivesse de mostrar que ainda me pertencias.
Como se a correcção fosse

a forma de amor mais pura.

(Trad. fjcc)

.

.