28.7.16

Mark Strand (Os restos)





THE REMAINS



I empty myself of the names of others. I empty my pockets.
I empty my shoes and leave them beside the road.
At night I turn back the clocks;
I open the family album and look at myself as a boy.
What good does it do? The hours have done their job.
I say my own name. I say goodbye.
The words follow each other downwind.
I love my wife but send her away.
My parents rise out of their thrones
into the milky rooms of clouds. How can I sing?
Time tells me what I am. I change and I am the same.
I empty myself of my life and my life remains.


Mark Strand

[Circulo de poesia]




Esvazio-me dos nomes dos outros, esvazio os bolsos,
tiro os sapatos e deixo-os na berma.
À noite atraso os relógios,
abro o álbum de família e vejo-me em criança.
De que adianta? O tempo fez o seu trabalho.
Pronuncio o meu nome, despeço-me,
as palavras vão no vento umas após outras.
Amo a mulher, mas mando-a embora.
Meus pais deixam o trono,
recolhem ao quarto feito de nuvens. Como posso eu cantar?
O tempo me diz aquilo que eu sou,
mudo, mas sou o mesmo,
esvazio-me da vida e a vida continua.


(Trad. A.M.)

.