15.9.13

Raymond Carver (Naturalmente)





NATURALLY



A break in the clouds.
The solid profile of the Blue Mountains
that cut the horizon.
The muted yellow of the stubble.
The river very black.
What am I doing in this place,
alone and full of guilt?
I wonder.

I eat the berries from the source.
Without problems. If I was dead,
I told to myself, I could not taste them.
Nothing is so simple.
Yes, everything is that simple. Naturally.

Raymond Carver

[Musa 71]



Uma aberta nas nuvens,
o perfil maciço das Blue Mountains
recortando o horizonte,
o desmaiado amarelo do restolho,
o rio muito negro.
O que faço eu aqui,
sozinho e carregado de culpa?
Interrogo-me.

Como as bagas da fonte,
sem problema. Se estivesse morto,
digo para os meus botões, não poderia saboreá-las.
Nada é tão simples assim.
Aliás, é tudo muito simples. Naturalmente.

(Trad. A.M.)

.